2020 year in review in numbers
Published on 09 December 2020
There's no question that 2020 has been the year that no one could have predicted.
As we head towards Christmas and New Year, despite lockdown, we thought it might be good to reflect on some of the positive things that have happened here at Milton Park.
Milton Park 2020 in numbers:
- 1,000s and 1,000s we were humbled to see so many keyworkers and people contribute to the national effort here on the Park, at the University of Oxford, and across the world
- 2,653 trees counted and 80,000 sq m of grass calculated thanks to ASA Landscape Architects' model of the Park
- 605 people responded to our Return to Work survey, including 57 business leaders
- 20 mph speed limit trialled at Milton Park turning roads into streets
- 13 new occupiers were welcomed to the Park
- 6 new sustainable plastic picnic tables installed along with benches
- 2 new pedestrian crossings: one rainbow and one 3D
- 1 defibrillator installed at the nursery
- 1 colony of bees made delicious Milton Park honey
- 0.62 miles (1 km) new cycle and footpath built and opened.
Looking to 2021 - watch this space!
We are starting to plan our 2021 events calendar.
Also we hope that our autonomous vehicle trial with our partners will be starting in the first half of this year.
Plus a new cafe will be opening in our Innovation Centre.
Whatever your year has been, however you are spending the festive period, we thank all our amazing customers for their support and to you all for getting through this year and for being part of this brilliant community.
We hope to see you soon.
Wishing you all a Happier New Year.