Business Development Manager
at Hypha Discovery Limited
Who we are
Hypha Discovery is a UK-based CRO supporting pharmaceutical and agrochemical companies worldwide through the production of metabolites and new derivatives of drugs and agrochemicals in discovery and development.
We are experts in the scalable synthesis, purification and characterisation of drug metabolites and late-stage derivatives of lead compounds, and possesses a wealth of experience in the production, purification and structure elucidation of natural products.
We are based at Milton Park, a science and technology park located near Abingdon in Oxfordshire. Milton Park offers a unique work environment with more than 25 amenities and excellent transport connections.
About the role
- Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: To be discussed
- Application Closing Date: 16th July 2021
Our ideal candidate will have
Hypha Discovery is seeking a scientific business development professional to initiate and drive new business relationships in pharma, agrochemical and related fields.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence and make an impact in a small company with a great reputation in the industry. We are interested in speaking to candidates with a technical background in chemistry or the life sciences, and ideally with business development or marketing experience gained in our target sectors.
This is a full-time position based at Hypha’s facilities at Milton Park in Oxfordshire with the possibility of some home working.
The Role The Business Development Manager will take responsibility for:
- Driving and coordinating development of initiatives to build new business in the metabolite field
- Building new client relationships to establish trusted partnerships
- Maximising use of the company’s CRM and contributing new contacts
- Liaising with technical specialists to address customer queries and needs, including giving technical presentations to clients about Hypha’s capabilities
- Monitoring sales performance against forecasted targets
- Market vigilance to identify and drive new business opportunities
- Educated to at least degree level in chemistry or life sciences
- Sales experience gained within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology reagents industry is an advantage, as is any previous involvement in the DMPK / metabolism field
- Proactive, friendly and resilient approach to forming new business relationships
- Able to effectively collaborate and communicate with colleagues and external clients
- Flexible and enthusiastic about international travel for customer meetings and events (when government covid guidelines allow, and permissible globally)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel