Who we are
Taylorollinson Ltd is an independent, specialist recruitment organisation with offices on Manchester Science Park and Milton Park, Oxfordshire. We have a strong reputation and a career spent working-in and recruiting for the scientific sector across laboratory, technical, sales and marketing positions. Taylorollinson have the expertise to guide job seekers and employers alike through the recruitment process.
Our goal is simple – to provide a high quality, responsive and informative solution to our stakeholders; whether that be our clients or our candidates we believe in making the process as straightforward as possible.
About the role
- Sector: Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Life Science
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: £18,000-£45,000 pa
- Application Closing Date: 31st October 2020
Our ideal candidate will have
The ideal candidate will hold a degree within a life science discipline and be looking for a career within a commercially and scientifically focused sector. It would suit someone who is looking to utilise and apply their scientific knowledge within in a target-driven environment away from the laboratory. You will be a financially driven individual who has excellent communication skills.
This is an office-based role suited to individuals with a BSc or Master’s in a scientific subject who are interested in pursuing a career outside of the laboratory. This represents an opportunity to begin a commercially focused role whilst utilising the scientific skills gained at university.
Applicants are not required to have previous recruitment experience. However, applicants should showcase in a modified CV or cover letter, their desire to work in recruitment and what transferrable skills will help them succeed in this competitive industry.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A BSc in Science (or equivalent scientific experience) (essential)
- Be fluent in English and will have excellent communication skills in person, email and over the phone (essential)
- A drive to financially succeed in a fast-paced sector (essential)
- Self-satisfaction from growing a business portfolio (essential)
- Previous commercial experience in a sales or customer-focussed role (beneficial)
- Previous experience working in a target-driven environment (beneficial)
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and a lucrative bonus scheme that will reward hard work and success. You will be provided full training for this opportunity.
This is a full-time and permanent opportunity for an individual looking to combine their interest in Science with a career in a commercial, target-driven environment. The role of a Recruitment Consultant is a position that rewards resilience, drive and scientific understanding with a large earning potential and job satisfaction. You will grow your desk, supporting on both the candidate and client side of the business. As a Recruitment Consultant, you will:
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing clients and candidates through regular contact.
- Be responsible for establishing new clients within the scientific sector through networking and planning strategic calls.
- Offer support to your clients throughout the entire hiring process (presenting candidates, organising interviews, extending offers).
- Search and contact potential candidates to successfully find them new employment.
- Track the latest news in the life-sciences sector to see the movers and shakers.
- Support on larger recruitment projects with colleagues.