About the role
The role of the Claims Manager is to oversee the processing of insurance claims across multiple lines to ensure that procedures are handled efficiently, accurately, and in adherence with FCA regulations. You will liaise between customers, consumers, underwriters, service providers, and other parties who may be involved in managing a claim.
You will oversee management of a team of claims handlers and consumer advisors with the support of claims supervisors and the claims process and quality co-ordinator. They will require strong communications skills, both verbal and written, good HR knowledge and strong personal and people management skills. You will be required to work to set objectives. This is a fast-paced work environment that requires people who are highly organised and capable of working with high volumes.
You will be required to provide oversight of a TPO managing claims and telephony and experience of this is essential.
- Monitoring and processing claims across multiple different product lines which deliver good customer outcomes through fair and expedient processes.
- Produce reports, claims management information, and data as required, analysing data and making recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Compliance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assist and deliver training and development of current and new staff, both internal and external, which may require off site travel and overnight stays.
- Make formal assessments on claims to decide if they are covered under the policy terms and conditions and make cost effective decisions.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Liaise with third parties, building strong relationships which support business growth and ease of process to enable good customer outcomes.
- Ensure complaints are processed in line with regulatory requirements and provide fair consumer outcomes.
- Assisting with design of new operational processes.
- Auditing of TPO
- Perform other duties as assigned within the business.
- Minimum 7 years claims experience
- Minimum 4 years manager experience
- Excellent office organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written which foster strong relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good understanding of General Insurance processes and knowledge of different product lines
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Stakeholders/structure team/reporting line
Reporting directly to Ops Director with management of staff a key requirement of role
Logistics: salary/travel/location/shift/start date
- Travel – Hybrid
- Permanent -full time
- Salary competitive, dependent on experience
- Hours – 37.5 Hrs/week
- Closing date for application – 31st January 2024
The Amynta Group and Guardsman Industries are both equal opportunity employers. Both Companies are committed to being inclusive employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of their background.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Disclaimer: Please note that job vacancies which are displayed on this website are only from companies based at Milton Park. The job description, recruitment process and subsequent employment offers are managed by and are the sole responsibility of the hiring company and are in no way connected to MEPC.