Reduce your fuel bill by car sharing
Published on 17 February 2023
With the cost of living crisis and fuel prices still at a high, we’re keen to see people working at Milton Park get involved in our car share scheme with the KINTO Join app, helping you to connect, share and save with others when you travel to work, while also reducing your carbon footprint.
KINTO Join is a corporate commuting solution, revolutionising the way employees travel to work through its unique technology able to connect people with the same routes to work.
Around 1,200 people travel to Milton Park by car between 6am and 10am on any given weekday, most in cars on their own. It is very likely that several of these people live near you or along your route.
To get started, all you need to do is download the free KINTO Join app, then register and join the Milton Park workplace community. Once set up, you will be able to see others who live near you or along your journey and who travel to Milton Park on the same days and times as you.
- Car sharing is not just for car owners. You can also register as a passenger and contribute towards your driver’s fuel costs
- You don’t have to share with the same person for every journey, the KINTO platform allows you to pick your travel patterns and matches you with people going your way at different times of the day
- Within the app, you can specify your preferences, such as non-smoker, music or chat or quiet journey.
Peace of mind
Milton Park also offers a ‘guaranteed lift home in case of emergency’. If your car share buddy has to leave work unexpectedly, we will find you another lift or foot the bill for a taxi home.
Our car share community is growing steadily and more and more people are discovering the benefits, including meeting new people. You never know, that person who you share your journey with might be the key to a promotion, a new job or even just a new friendship!
Perks and rewards
On top of fuel cost savings, perks of this scheme include the ability to:
- Measure your environmental impact and carbon footprint reduction
- Record your journey
- Enjoy a more social commute, getting to know other people across the Park
- Reduce rush-hour traffic entering and exiting the Park
- Increase on-site parking space availability.
By verifying your journey in the KINTO Join app, you will soon be able to earn rewards for travelling more sustainably. Regular car sharing will unlock rewards such as discounts for Milton Park food outlets and entry into a monthly prize draw to win prizes. To find out more information on the rewards that’ll be on offer, we recommend you download the app!
Cycling with KINTO Join
Not only does the app allow you to connect with others for car sharing, but if you travel to Milton Park by bike or are keen to start but want some company on your journey, the KINTO Join app can also connect you with fellow cyclists on the same commuting route.
This is a great opportunity to save on your fuel costs, reduce your carbon footprint and connect with others at Milton Park all while receiving great rewards for your efforts – to find out more about the KINTO Join app, visit info.kinto-join.co.uk/milton-park or view the ‘How to use’ document at this link.