New bus timetable starting 4 January 2021
Published on 10 December 2020
We are really excited that our new bus contract with Thames Travel will start on 4 January 2021.
We have been busy working behind the scenes and will soon unveil the new Milton Park branded buses.
A reminder that the new service will see:
- more frequent buses between the train station and the Park, longer operating hours to suit new and differing work patterns as a result of Covid-19 and unlimited bus use for just £20 per year for Milton Park occupiers to Didcot Parkway and other parts of Didcot therefore making people’s commute easier.
- an increased number of fast bus services from Oxford, including the East of the city and Headington's Life Sciences District, and Wantage to the Park and more areas within Didcot.
In the meantime, to ensure your bus journey remains smooth, there is some housekeeping.
1. Bus pass renewal – my bus has expired or will expire before January
For most people, your annual bus pass will have expired before January. You should have received an email from Courtney Coaches saying that you will need to apply for a new one.
Please can you click on this link to renew your bus pass: https://www.thames-travel.co.uk/milton-park/
2. Bus pass renewal – my bus pass is valid beyond January
If your bus pass is valid beyond January, you should have received an email from Thames Travel asking them if Courtney Coaches can share your name and company name with Thames Travel.
This is so that Thames Travel can send you a replacement bus pass.
If you have confirmed you are happy for your details to be shared, a replacement pass will be sent to your place of work.
3. Bus pass renewal – countdown is on
We appreciate that there isn’t much time until 3 January and because bus passes are sent to people’s places of work, Thames Travel has kindly said that they will accept old Courtney Coaches passes until the end of January. Hopefully this will give people enough time to apply for their new passes and collect them from their workplace.
Shuttle bus R1 bus stop
From 4 January, please note that all buses to Milton Park will depart from bus stop R1 at Didcot Parkway station.
We hope you enjoy the new bus services and that they make your journey to and from Milton Park that little bit easier.
Any queries, please email our sustainable travel advisor Veronica Reynolds who is more than happy to answer any questions that you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org.