2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer/Network Engineer
at CTS Group Ltd
Who we are
CTS Group Ltd are a local Internet, Telecoms and IT Support provider based in Milton Park. We are the telecoms and internet provider of choice for many businesses around Oxfordshire due to their extensive knowledge and 30 + years of experience. We offer strategic business solutions and a wide range of services to businesses within Milton Park, Grove Business Park, Harwell Campus as well as catering for businesses in other locations. CTS deals with all aspects of IT and are ISO accredited.
About the role
- Sector: IT
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable on experience
- Application Closing Date: 30th September 2021
Our ideal candidate will have
We're looking for an all-rounder who has a comprehensive knowledge of IP, with years of experience with on-premise Windows Server networks, and on-premise Exchange Servers, Active Directory & Group Policy. SQL knowledge would be a plus, as would Azure or other cloud services. General Experience with Windows 10 / Office 365 Desktop environments. Standard IP knowledge of internal & external IP address range types is expected, along with basic subnetting & routing.
We would expect that you have experience of dealing with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc. Cisco experience would be a plus.
The ability to inspire confidence in clients, meet deadlines, and be responsible for the day-to-day support requirements of the clients and the network. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must, with documentation of activities in our Issue Management System.
- Ensure our network is managed and maintained
- Collaborate with clients and suppliers to resolve issues and project manage all projects
- Ensure all changes to the network are documented through our Change Management Process in line with ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and be a key member of the team in bringing new technology to the company and our customers through research and deployment
- Troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating to all parties 2nd/ 3rd line support to staff and customers
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers and admin staff
- Supporting the design, implementation of the business and network alongside the Technical Director
- Occasional out of hours work required Driving licence required – Company vehicle for site visits
You will be need to demonstrate the relevant criteria whilst also bringing your own passion and ideas to the Company Directors and clients alike.
Some of the key skills you will possess but are not limited to: 2 years proven experience in project management of IT with a desire to take ownership of all projects. 2 years proven experience in Networking.
Proven experience in 2nd/3rd line support in a client facing environment. In-depth troubleshooting of Networks. Knowledge of multiple network technologies (subnetting and routing, IP, Ethernet, Switching, VPN and Firewalls etc.) Cisco experience an advantage.
You will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to work under pressure
Bike to work scheme
20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Birthdays off and Xmas shopping day
Annual and Quarterly employee recognition awards – with prizes
Bonuses reviewed annually
We also have company food days and social events
Being based on Milton Park means you can get involved in the events, clubs and classes available in the workplace.
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm and Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org