Principle Development Scientist
Who we are
30 Technology is the trading name of Thirty Holdings Limited who created a group of seven wholly owned subsidiaries aligned to its research programs and market verticals: 30Respiratory, 30Woundcare, 30Therapeutics, 30Pharma, 30Dermatology, 30AnimalHealth and 30Innovation.
30 Technology aim to unlock and deliver the promise of therapeutic nitric oxide by developing and defining new models of care to treat many serious medical conditions by enhancing the body’s healing and defence mechanisms. Nitric oxide (NO) is a volatile gas, produced in tissues of the body, which acts as a vital cell-to-cell signalling mechanism. The discovery NO is involved in a number of critical physiological processes led to a 1998 Nobel Prize.
Since then, a number of attempts have been made to harness its multiple therapeutic effects which include increased blood flow, regulation of immune response, abroad-spectrum anti-microbial activity and acceleration of healing. However, NO has a very short half-life, so sustained release and practical delivery is difficult to attain. 30 Technology has solved these previously intractable problems, utilizing proprietary IP to create a platform technology which uniquely creates the opportunity to use NO in a variety of diseases and health conditions. Additionally, our revolutionary 30TechnologyTM Intellectual Property allows us to deliver sustained NO into the lung via aerosol, through the skin via topical patches, gels, liquids and into the body for release from biomaterials in regenerative medicine.
Our technology is clinically proven and a potent solution to many serious medical conditions. To achieve its goals, 30 Technology has been highly successful in its first round of funding, raising more than £30m.
30 Technology is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
About the role
- Sector: Biotechnology
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Application Closing Date: 30th July 2021
Our ideal candidate will have
PRINCIPAL DEVELOPMENT SCIENTIST, TECHNICAL OPERATIONS, 30 TECHNOLOGY MILTON PARK, ABINGDON
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated proactive individual to join the Technical Operations team to develop and implement in-house analytical methods and also be responsible in providing oversight and support for the smooth day-to-day running of the lab. In this lab based role you will work alongside other scientists to ensure that project targets are achieved to meet timelines within a GLP environment.
You will source, acquire and set-up instrumentation required for analysis of the various in-house chemistries, including, but not limited to acidified nitrite and nitric-oxide-centric analysis. You will be part of a close-knit team, have excellent communications skills, be enthusiastic and have a positive work ethic. This role is full-time based in Milton Park, Oxfordshire, UK.
• Advanced degree in chemistry or related subject – preferably PhD
• 10+ years knowledge and successful experience in developing disparate analytical methodologies
• Have significant experience working in a GxP regulatory environment
• Have extensive experience in drafting and reviewing Study Plans, Working Instructions, Technical Reports and SOPs; working with an eQMS would be a bonus
• Although no direct management is required, it is essential that you can lead and motivate the team in Tech Ops and ensure smooth day-to-day running of the lab
• Must possess independent problem-solving and trouble shooting skills
• Have the ability to think outside the box
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability to multitask projects and collaborate effectively with other team members
• Confident in use of IT applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc) Desired - But Not Essential Experience
• Experience in implementing bespoke electrochemical systems and developing subsequent electroanalytical methodologies Application details
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and a cover letter to Dr M Sajid (firstname.lastname@example.org).